Strengthen high performing engineering manager’s leadership style to include stronger capacity to delegate, to build emotional intelligence and to positively use resources to create faster, better and increased operations in a multi-site international manufacturing company.
Promark Coaching Advantage
- Assess. Gathered information to analyze critical issues:
– Manager’s Personal Drive and Style – strengths and development
– Engineering Goals – productivity, efficiency, profits and growth
– Resource Allocation – team effectiveness, delegation, decision-making
- Engage. Identified immediate wins that aligned with organizational directives. Manager created a business projection plan to share with President of company. Clearly pinpointed business pain and how engineering manager will leverage expertise and his team to resolve that.
- Develop. Prepared an individual development plan to include professional development goals around practicing stronger delegation, showcasing transparent decision-making and building networks of influence with and beyond immediate stakeholders
- Feedback from President about higher level of trust between him and Engineering Manager
- Observed behaviors from manager in high level meetings included confident sharing of ideas, respectfully addressing dissonance and actively seeking buy-in for decisions
- Discussions for sustainable coaching beyond the original six-month agreement